Official USAF™ Officer's Watch with Date (GPQ) 39mm
Inspired by the Marathon GG-W-113 field watch (used throughout the 1980s by the US Army), the Marathon General Purpose Quartz in Stainless Steel revives this vintage style with a modern spin. It's manufactured from 316L surgical grade stainless steel with a satinized graphite grey, non-reflective, finish.
The glass lens is made from sapphire crystals to provide ultimate: scratch resistance, overall durability, and clarity of dial viewing, all essential factors for military personnel. To assist in low light viewing, the dial uses tritium tubes for the hour indices as well as hour and minute hands.
Tritium is a self-illuminating gas which will provide a 24/7 glow without the need for recharging. The ETA F06 is accurate to -0.3/+0.5 seconds per day and also includes an End of Life (EOL) indicator. The ELO will advance the seconds hand once every 4 seconds when the battery is low to inform you that a battery change is needed. Made in Switzerland.
The Quartz Movement with Date featuring ETA FØ6 high-torque movement with 3 jewels and quick-set date function. This movement is power-efficient with the expected battery life of up to 68 months. Our caseback is designed with a battery hatch such that the user can change one’s own battery in the field. All Marathon Quartz Movements have an End-Of-Life indicator alerting the wearer up to 3 months in advance of when a battery replacement is required.
- COLLOQUIAL NAME: Official US Air Force™ Re-Issue General Purpose Quartz with Date (GPQ-SS w/ Date)
- NATO Stock Number (NSN): 6645-01-697-8861
- MOVEMENT: High-torque Quartz • ETA FØ6 Movement
- SCALE QUANTITY: 2
- SCALE RANGE: 1-12 (13-24)
- LUMINOUS FEATURES: Tritium gas tubes
- CASE: 316L Stainless Steel
- SUBMERSIBILITY: 5ATM (3ATM Spec Required)
- CRYSTAL TYPE: Sapphire
- CROWN TYPE: Pressure
- DIMENSIONS: 39mm Diameter / 11mm thickness
- CALENDAR: Date
- LUG WIDTH: 16mm
- MANUFACTURED: La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland