- MIL-SPEC: Manufactured in accordance with US Government Specification. Issued and worn by troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- MARAGLO: Uses non-tritium MaraGlo technology for low light illumination
- SEARCH & RESCUE: Designed for Search And Rescue missions.
- SWISS MADE: Proudly hand made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland since 1939. Uses ETA F07 high-torque 3 jewels Quartz movement with EOL (End-of-Life) indicator.
- Commonly known as the JSAR ‘Jumbo Search and Rescue’
- Movement: High torque quartz with EOL (End of Life indicator for battery)
- Hands, hour markers on dial, and bezel triangle use MaragloTM paint for low-light viewing
- White on black date display
The Marathon Diver’s LGP (Le Grand Plongeur) is a diver’s watch with an extra large case and a high torque, accurate swiss quartz movement. Designed for use by Search and Rescue (SAR) divers and manufactured under ISO 6425 standards, the LGP is a watch built to withstand the most extreme of conditions. The LGP is also known as the Jumbo Search and Rescue (JSAR).
The Marathon JSAR is water resistant down to 30 ATM - 300 meters (1000 feet) underwater. Made from 316L surgical grade stainless steel, the JSAR is a hefty, purpose built watch that will not let you down. The glass of the JSAR is in fact not glass, but a synthetic sapphire which will resist scratches, and is coated in an anti reflective coating to ensure maximum dial legibility.
The JSAR is handmade in La Chaux de Fonds Switzerland to guarantee the highest level of quality and accuracy in manufacturing. Inside the JSAR is a Swiss made, 3 jewel ETA F07 high torque quartz movement. The JSAR uses MaraGlo photo-luminescent paint to illuminate its hands and dial markers. MaraGlo requires charging with an external light source and will glow on its own for 8 hours after being exposed to light.
The JSAR combines Military toughness with Swiss craftsmanship in a watch that will get the job done, and look good doing it.