Jumbo Diver/Pilot's Automatic Chronograph (CSAR) - 46mm
- COLLOQUIAL NAME: Pilot's Chronograph Search and Rescue (CSAR)
- NATO Stock Number (NSN): 6645-01-544-0408
- MOVEMENT: Self-winding automatic 25 jewels • ETA 7750 Movement
- SCALE QUANTITY: 2
- SCALE RANGE: 1-12 (13-24)
- LUMINOUS FEATURES: Tritium gas tubes & MaraGlo™
- CASE: 316L Stainless Steel
- SUBMERSIBITY: 30ATM
- BEZEL TYPE: Uni-Directional
- CRYSTAL TYPE: Sapphire
- CROWN TYPE: SCREW-IN
- DIMENSIONS: 46mm Diameter / 18mm thickness
- CALENDAR: Day & Date
- LUG WIDTH: 22mm
- MIL-SPEC: Built to Government specifications for use by military personnel. Fulfills Nato Stock Numbers 6645-01-544-0408 and 6645-20-002-8253
- TRITIUM GAS TUBES: Self illuminating tritium gas tubes glow with no need to be charged by an external light source.
- SEARCH & RESCUE: Designed for Search And Rescue missions.
- SWISS MADE: Proudly hand made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland since 1939.
- AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH MOVEMENT: 25 Jewel Swiss made Valjoux 7750 self winding mechanical chronograph movement. Submersibility: 30ATM
- Commonly known as the CSAR “Chronograph Search and Rescue”
- Movement: 7750 ETA Valjoux Automatic (Self winding)
- Encapsulated tritium (Isotope H3) light sources used at each hour position on dial and on the minute and hour hands
- Register indexes & hands and bezel triangle use MaraGloTM paint for low-light viewing
- Rapid date and day correction
- Screw-down crown & side pushers
- Time-out 2 button function with independent start/stop and zero reset buttons
The Marathon Pilot's Chronograph is a watch designed to be used for dives, search and rescue operations, as well as flights. The Pilot’s Chronograph is commonly referred to as the Chronograph Search and Rescue (CSAR). The Marathon CSAR is water resistant down to 30 ATM - 300 meters (1000 feet) underwater.
Made from 316L surgical grade stainless steel, the CSAR is a multi purpose watch that will serve you well and will always be reliable. The glass of the CSAR is in fact not glass, but a synthetic sapphire which is scratch resistant.
The CSAR is handmade in La Chaux de Fonds Switzerland to guarantee the highest level of quality and accuracy in manufacturing. Inside the CSAR is a Swiss made, 25 Jewel Valjoux ETA 7750 automatic chronograph movement.
To make sure that the time can be constantly read (even in low light situations), the CSAR has self contained Tritium gas tubes place on each hour marking as well as on the minute and hour hands. MaraGlo photo-luminescent paint is used for the 12 hour bezel marker as well as on the minute and hour chronograph register indexes. Tritium tubes are self illuminating gas tubes which contain an isotope of hydrogen, meaning they will not lose brightness over time like photo-luminescent paint which requires an external light source to create a glow.
The dial of the Marathon Pilot's Chronograph shows 12 hour and 24 hour time, Date and Day. Chronograph timing is dual graduated, inner graduations are 1/5 sec and as well as decimal 1/100 minute timing (alternate inner timing ring). A sweep central seconds hand indicates 1/5 sec up to 60 seconds; Chronograph sub registers measure up to 30 minutes and 12 hours each. Register indexes & hands use MaraGlo™paint for low light viewing. Encapsulated tritium (Isotope H3) light sources are used for dial at each hour position as well as the Minute and Hour hands, activity between 28-30 millicuries (under 30 millicuries).