Re-Issue Stainless Steel GP Mechanical (GPM) 39mm (Case/Crown)
- COLLOQUIAL NAME: Re-Issue Stainless Steel General Purpose Mechanical (GPM-SS)
- NATO Stock Number (NSN): Submit a Supply Support Request (SSR) through your chain of command if you would like an NSN for a specific part number
- MOVEMENT: Mechanical • 17 jewels • ETA 2801 Movement
- SCALE QUANTITY: 2
- SCALE RANGE: 1-12 (13-24)
- LUMINOUS FEATURES: Tritium gas tubes
- CASE: 316L Stainless Steel
- SUBMERSIBILITY: 5ATM (3ATM Spec Required)
- CRYSTAL TYPE: Sapphire
- CROWN TYPE: Pressure
- DIMENSIONS: 39mm Diameter / 11mm thickness
- LUG WIDTH: 16mm
- MIL-SPEC: Built to Government specifications for use by military personnel.
- MECHANICAL MOVEMENT: Venerable ETA-2801 manual-wind movement with 17 jewels. Submersibility: 5ATM
- TRITIUM GAS TUBES: Self-illuminating tritium gas tubes glow with no need to be charged by an external light source.
- FIELD WATCH: Designed for general infantry. Features a high impact 316L non-reflective stainless steel case and sapphire crystal.
- SWISS MADE: Marathon watches are proudly made in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland since 1939.
- Intended use: Field
- Wind-up mechanical movement has a minimum 36 hour running time and is accurate to a minimum of 30 seconds a day
- Encapsulated tritium (Isotope H3) light sources are at each hour position on dial and on hour & minute hands
- 316L high-impact stainless steel case with screw-down case back
- Water resistant to 5ATM and dust proof
- Each watch is numbered individually.
- Movement is ETA 2801 mechanical handwind
- Includes nylon strap 16mm
- Other strap options available in nylon and leather
The Marathon General Purpose Mechanical in Steel is a re-interpretation of the historic Marathon GG-W-113 field watch used throughout the 1980s by the US Army. Built with a case made from 316L surgical grade stainless steel, and wind-up ETA 2801 movement, the Marathon General Purpose Mechanical in Steel is a vintage inspired timepiece that is as good looking as it is durable. Packing features essential for military operations, such as a 24-hour dial, nylon strap, drilled lugs, hacking seconds and much more, it’s a tough yet beautiful watch with an equally amazing hand winding movement. The crystal (glass lens) of the Marathon General Purpose Mechanical in Steel is made from sapphire, as sapphire crystals offer the ultimate in scratch resistance and overall durability as well as clarity of dial viewing, an essential factor for military personnel. To assist in low light viewing, the dial of the watch uses tritium tubes for the hour indices as well as the hour and minute hands. Tritium is a self-illuminating gas which will provide a 24/7 glow without the need for charging by an external light source. A return of a classic, the watch is sure to please as a tool watch or casual accessory for everyday wear.
Marathon Watch Company Ltd. warrants this item to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use in accordance with care and usage instructions for 2 years from date of purchase from an authorized distributor. This warranty excludes damage from misuse, abuse or any irregular application. If we confirm a defect, we will repair or replace it with the same item or one of similar value and return it to you at no charge.
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase from Marathon Watch Company. If you are not satisfied, or if your product is defective, please call our toll-free number 1-(800) 822-4329 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
For watch service information please click here
Hour of Operation (EST):
Mon 8:30am – 5pm
Tue 8:30am – 5pm
Wed 8:30am – 5pm
Thu 8:30am – 5pm
Fri 8:30am – 5pm
Please contact your original channel of purchase if your purchase was not made directly through Marathon Watch Company.
To submit a return request Click Here